BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sanalitics
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi All, In SAS DI, do we have a way, where we could have an input table and output tables connected to the Dataflux Batch Job Transformation? Since we don't have nodes option in Dataflux Batch Job Transformation available by default do you see any work around to maintain lineage? Thanks, Sandeep
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RonAgresta
SAS Employee
I can take this as a requirement for the R&D team. This is part of my job here at SAS.

Ron

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Unfortunately this is not possible to do automatically. That transformation calls out to a different server. The jobs in the DataFlux environment can contribute to the Lineage repository though. You would need to use DI Studio and and some API calls and SQL code to connect the DataFlux metadata objects to SAS object metadata in the relationship repository that SAS Lineage uses.

Ron

sanalitics
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Ron,

I was also thinking of a user written transformation that could replace the batch job transformation in DI...

But the challenge is to get the connection to the DataMangagement server and its jobs in the options in order to select these from the drop down... any thoughts on this?

Best Regards,

Sandeep

RonAgresta
SAS Employee
It is possible to make web service calls to DM Server for things like lists of batch jobs. The DM Server documentation covers some of this. So maybe a custom transform using web service calls could help. I don't think you can get the connection information though in the same way.
sanalitics
Obsidian | Level 7
Do you think we should ask SAS to provide a solution in such cases; where we could maintain the lineage?? If you know a way where we could approach SAS to look into this... could you forward to its R&D ?
RonAgresta
SAS Employee
I can take this as a requirement for the R&D team. This is part of my job here at SAS.

Ron

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation