BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
David_Luttrell
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Tried running DI Studio and it does not appear to be running.

Anybody else experience this and have any steps to resolve?

Kind Regards,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_Luttrell
Obsidian | Level 7

Just updating this, the licences here were a red herring.

Our infrastructure adminstrators had applied a JVM patch to our machines unknowingly on the Friday prior to the issue occuring. As DI is a Java based application this had an impact.

What we did to resolve is to use the workaround supplied by SAS to make DI compatable with the JVM version.

List of compatable Java versions for SAS 9.3: https://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/v93/jres.html

As we were running a version above what was stipulated, we applied a SAS hotfix which enabled JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Djdk.lang.Process.allowAmbigousCommands=true in the JVM, there is a .exe for this I can't find it currently, however it worked perfectly.

If you're running 9.4 this may not affect you as it apparently ships with its own JVM.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The SAS site responsibly should have got an email with renewal instructions and a new licence file (given that you have paid your licence).

http://support.sas.com/techsup/license/index.html

Data never sleeps
David_Luttrell
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Linas,

We have the files here, were waiting for our infrastructure admins to apply them.

I assumed that DI would run through some of the warning period obviously not.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
It's a one minute job to apply them.
I don't have the details but I think that at least 1 month is just warnings, but after that some functionality may be reduced.
If you wish to know for sure tell us what you mean by not running. The metadata server, object spawner.. Any error messages in the server log files...
Data never sleeps
David_Luttrell
Obsidian | Level 7

Just updating this, the licences here were a red herring.

Our infrastructure adminstrators had applied a JVM patch to our machines unknowingly on the Friday prior to the issue occuring. As DI is a Java based application this had an impact.

What we did to resolve is to use the workaround supplied by SAS to make DI compatable with the JVM version.

List of compatable Java versions for SAS 9.3: https://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/v93/jres.html

As we were running a version above what was stipulated, we applied a SAS hotfix which enabled JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Djdk.lang.Process.allowAmbigousCommands=true in the JVM, there is a .exe for this I can't find it currently, however it worked perfectly.

If you're running 9.4 this may not affect you as it apparently ships with its own JVM.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation