BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kds
Calcite | Level 5 kds
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Experts,

In DI Studio job, When I delete a stage in the process flow, then the mappings defined in the previous stages are broken.

Example  ::             Source(s)  -> Stage B -> Stage C -> Stage D -> Stage E -> Target table           

If I delete/drop stage E and replace it with some other stage, then the mappings of C,D get broken.....

Is there any way/logic/trick  by which I can drop a stage in the process flow and have the mappings intact in the other stages...
Thanks for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Sounds strange. What version are you using?

Can you give examples of which transformations this happens?

In you example, removing E (Table Loader or equivalent), mappings between C and D should be intact.

What exactly is happening, do you lose the target columns of D, or just the mappings (1-1, expressions) between C and D?

Data never sleeps
kds
Calcite | Level 5 kds
Calcite | Level 5

LinusH , You are right.. I tried again and the mapping is still there...  Not sure , first time how mappings disappeared....

Also another thing, in Process Designer, we have tabs -> Process Editor and Source Editor

After doing some changes in Process Editor , when Source Editor is selected...     the code gets generated automatically in the source editor.... 

suppose if I want make changes directly(add one or two lines of code logic) in Source Editor, will that be possible...   or source editor only displays code as per process editor?

Thanks for your help!

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

It is possible, but absolutely NOT best practice. As soon as you edit the source code, everything in the metadata that you have defined will have no effect on the code.

So, if you want add some code, do it in pre/post code to the job/transformations.

If you want to change the, that's a different story, and needs separate discussions on each occasion I believe... Do you have any special changes in mind?

Data never sleeps
FrankPoppe
Quartz | Level 8

I have seen that happen as well.

But that was in 9.2, and I think that at some point (TS2?) this was fixed.

I does not occur (at least not that often) in 9.3 (which is now at DIS 4.6).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation