BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ReinLemmens
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

newbie alert.

Whilst expanding a SAS job, I often have to insert transformations halfway a job.

Is there a way to insert a transformation between existing transformations in a job without touching the existing column mappings, join conditions etc?

I'm using DI studio 9.4 en SAS 4.7

Thanks,

Rein

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What do you mean by "not touching"? What is the behaviour you wish to avoid?

But I think I understand what you mean, it's hard to change a flow with all intact mappings.

By adding the new transform, the move the existing connectors works best. But for some transformations nothing helps... Smiley Sad

Data never sleeps
ReinLemmens
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much.

What I want to do is for instance insert an extract transformation between 2 existing transformations, just to throw out some irrelevant lines.  Without having an impact on the transformations that follow.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

If you need to break a flow then you will be loosing mappings. There is sometimes no way around it.

You can reduce the impact by turning off "Include in Propagation" and "Include In Mappings" for all affected transformations BEFORE you break the flow to insert a new transformation.

Capture.PNG

I "hate" these two options that much that I normally turn them off generally under Tools/Options/Job Editor

Capture.PNG

ReinLemmens
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much, that's indeed already a start.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation