BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have a question - 

My SAS DI has about 100+ jobs and most of them are using tables from a particular schema (Oracle), Now suppose if i drop the tables and create views with the same name as tables and same structure, so do i need to make any changes to jobs also? or they will pick views automatically during execution time?

Please provide views.

Regards,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RLigtenberg
SAS Employee

I tested this on a local SAS/Oracle installation with an existing DI Studio job that reads Oracle tables. I dropped the tables in Oracle and replaced them with same-named views in Oracle. After the change the job completed successfully without changes to the job or to the Oracle table metadata. The job I tested has a Join transformation and is set for implicit pass through (Pass Through = No).

YMMV.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RLigtenberg
SAS Employee

I tested this on a local SAS/Oracle installation with an existing DI Studio job that reads Oracle tables. I dropped the tables in Oracle and replaced them with same-named views in Oracle. After the change the job completed successfully without changes to the job or to the Oracle table metadata. The job I tested has a Join transformation and is set for implicit pass through (Pass Through = No).

YMMV.

Micheal_S
Calcite | Level 5

Great. Thanks Robert

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation