BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ZUPA1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am using the SCD Type 2 loader to load data into a target table. However when I run the transformation more than once without changing the data in the source (duplicated data), the target table has closes out some records and adds new records into the table when the expected result should be no change in target. 

I have already read and applied the solution from the a similar issue in https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Data-Management/DI-studio-SCD-Type-2-close-out-records/td-p/15015... but I am still getting the same issue where duplicated data in the source is closing and adding new records in the target. 

I am using SAS version 4.901

Due to the sensitivity of the data I am unable to attach any sample data. 

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Kind regards

Zubair

1 REPLY 1
DavidGhan
SAS Employee

If you can duplicate your issue with some simple and small amount of sample data and if you sent me that data I could try to replicate this.  Perhaps take a few columns from your source table, change the variable names but otherwise use the same variable attributes and create 3 or 4 records with made up data values. Then set up a job like you current job with an SCD type 2 loader. Once you run the job you could send me both the physical source table and the physical target table and I can try and replicate the issue.

Also can you describe the type of source and target data you are using. Are they both SAS datasets? Are either or both tables another data format?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation