BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
metallon
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi SAS Experts,

what could be the reason that creating a new STP is grayed out when I right click on the job -> new - > STP.

Dragging and dropping a finished STP that encapuslated some logic into my job does not work either, why?

Thanks for sharing any ideas

Bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Wait a minute I may have caught on. 

Right click ob job --> Stored Process --> New (9.3)...

If that is grayed out your job may simply still be open. Another reason could be that you are connected to a server that is capable of executing stored processes. If that is the case you should talk to your administrator(s).

But the purpose of the menu choice is to deploy that job as a stored process. Not to insert a STP into a job. The generated source code of the job will become the source code of the stp. 

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

Are you trying to use a STP as a data input in your job? Can you expand on what you are trying to achieve? By the looks of it you want something that is not part of the DI Studio functionality. You could deploy your STP as a webservice and use its REST interface in DIS. Butr there is no interface in DIS that would handle dropping a STP in a job. But better we first have a clear idea of what your goal is.

Also, what do you mean by right-click on job --> New? I do not see New that scenario. 

Regards,

- Jan,

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Wait a minute I may have caught on. 

Right click ob job --> Stored Process --> New (9.3)...

If that is grayed out your job may simply still be open. Another reason could be that you are connected to a server that is capable of executing stored processes. If that is the case you should talk to your administrator(s).

But the purpose of the menu choice is to deploy that job as a stored process. Not to insert a STP into a job. The generated source code of the job will become the source code of the stp. 

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

metallon
Pyrite | Level 9
"But the purpose of the menu choice is to deploy that job as a stored process. Not to insert a STP into a job. The generated source code of the job will become the source code of the stp. "
Interesting! That is the insight I needed!

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Good to hear. Glad to be of help.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
For the creating stp part, perhaps it's just authorization. If you are logged in with a change managed repository you should not be able to create meta data object in the foundation repository. You may need to switch to another user.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation