BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Swarna
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am facing a issue, its very wierd.

We have 3 environments, DEV UAT and PROD, I can log in DI in PROD very fast using DI, but in DEV and UAT, i am waiting for min 40 mins to even go it, and get all the trees.

This happened suddenly from yesterday, my collegues are not having this issue, When I report to admin, they had a new installation and tried to connect to DEV and UAT, no issues, they can go in with in a second.

The same issue with EG too, I cant get something running in EG, its taking really loooooooong time in DEV and UAT. But PROD very fast.

I am very curious, as I am using the same application to connect to all 3 environment, how can it work well for one and not for the rest.

Anyone face this issue?

Thanks.

Swarna.

11 REPLIES 11
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

These kind of performance issues can be hard to track down.

You might want to look into the different logs on the server, for Metadataserver and object spawner. Try to figure out where the time is spent - logging on to the metadata server? Or is when you start a workspace server session?

Look at the task scheduler (if your server runs in Windows) or other performance logging tool, and try to compare the environments.

And as always, something has probably changed, what can that be?

/Linus

Data never sleeps
Swarna
Calcite | Level 5

Do you think the problem might be in server? I was thinking if the problem is in server all users using the server should face the same, isn't it?

Any things to check in local client?

FYI, ours is AIX server, where SAS resides.

-Swarna.

RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee

Could there we something going on with your metadata server? if both eguide and di are performing poorly in one environment the common element is the metadata server.

Swarna
Calcite | Level 5

But few of my colleagues can go in very fast in Dev and EG, that's the thing make this case wired...

I was thinking of uninstalling and installing again, but worried if the same issue repeats!!

-Swarna.

RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee

It could be a memory issue on the client side(especially with Di studio) but I am assuming you have closed the app and restarted.

so other colleagues have no problems? Try getting a collegue to log into your client and see what happens.

Swarna
Calcite | Level 5

Ya many times restarted. Even the whole machine restart too.

Interesting part is, We have 5 in our team, 2 of us facing the same issue for past 2 days, rest 3 no problem. All of us using same LAN/WIFI... Really cracking our head!!!

I assume you are talking about DI credrntials, I have tried using others Id as well as admin I'd in my machine, no change very slow, more than 45 min to go in, some times after goes in, there s no default server to select at the bottom.

-Swarna.

RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee

weird. to totally rule out a possible problem with your credentials. log in with your credentials to a colleagues DI. just curious, when you are logging in, what is happening on the Metadata server?  is there a pike in cpu? anything unusual? also you may want to check the logs of the metadata server to see if there is something strange going on. What do technical support have to say?

Swarna
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried log in with my credential to a colleages DI, it worked as well.

How to check metadata logs? we are in UNIX platforn more over only admin can check them up, any specific logs you know off to check? So that I can ask admin to check.

I have not raised this with technical support.

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Do you have any additional software running on your machine and not the ones working... sounds to me machine specific....

Same OS, Virus scanning? etc

Barry

RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee

http://support.sas.com/kb/20/340.html

try this and send file to Technical support.

Swarna
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

I have re installed. No problem after that.

It's really wired, how can a uninstall and install again will resolve the issue, but that's what I did as I was rushing for doing something.

Thanks all for your responses.

RMP, if I face the issue again will definitely capture the log and send to support.

-Swarna

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation