BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
krishnaavm123
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi , I would like to modify existing SAS DI job . I follow the below steps to do this 1) Check out job 2) export SAS Package into my local folder( taking as Backup) .
Kindly help me to understand is this correct procedure to edit existing DI Job . Thanks in Advance!
2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I know too little of your whole setup to say what you do is "correct".

But it's not wrong.

You are working with check-out/check-in which is good.

You should also have at least two environments (advised to more if you have a medium to large implementation).

You should have daily backups of your metadata (standard configuration).

To further make sure you are in control you could investigate the use of an external repository, such as GitHub.

Data never sleeps
RacheLGomez123
Fluorite | Level 6

If your deployment includes SAS web applications or the SAS Web Infrastructure Platform, then it is important to back up the SAS Content Server when you back up the metadata server. The SAS Content Server contains content that is associated with metadata objects that are contained in the repositories, including the following:
content for the SAS Information Delivery Portal
report definition files
other supporting files for reports, including PDF files and image files
content for SAS solutions
Metadata cannot be used without the associated content that is stored on this server. If you need to recover from a failure, the metadata that you restore must be synchronized correctly with the content server.
You can use the Deployment Backup and Recovery tool to back up the SAS Content Server. Alternatively, if you are storing SAS Content Server content in the file system, you can back it up as follows:
As a best practice, stop either the SAS Web Application Server or the SAS Content Server application before making the backup.
Use operating system commands or third-party tools to copy all of the files and subdirectories from the following path:
SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/AppData/SASContentServer/Repository
If you need to back up just a subset of the SAS Content Server, or if you want to create a backup for input to a system other than the SAS Content Server, see WebDAVDump and WebDAVRestore Utilities.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation