BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Annlore
Fluorite | Level 6

Good morning !

I was wondering if you could help me with this point.

I'm using Sas Business Data Network on a projet which needs to implement a Business Glossary for the company.

As this content should be really précise ( for example, description of the term should include aformula).

My problem is that I need to make some reference to others terms in the description of the term I'm working on.

Précision, I don't want to pass through the lineage to do it, bc I want it that the linked terms appears clearely in the description of the term.

Something like a hyperlink.

Are you award of any ways to do so ?

Thanks in advance !

Annlore

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Hi Annlore,

SAS Business Data Network does support hyperlinks in terms.Look for the "Link" option in each term. You can see the links and open them when you view a term and you can add 1 or more links when you edit a term. The links can connect to other BDN terms without going through SAS Lineage. To do this, open 1 term to which you would like to add the link and choose to edit this term. In a separate web browser tab, open another BDN term. The URL in the web browser that is displayed once the term is open can be used to deeplink back to it. Copy the URL, navigate back to the other web browser tab with the term already open, choose to add a Link and paste the URL along with a label into the dialog. Save the term and you now can link from one term to the other.

Ron

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Hi Annlore,

SAS Business Data Network does support hyperlinks in terms.Look for the "Link" option in each term. You can see the links and open them when you view a term and you can add 1 or more links when you edit a term. The links can connect to other BDN terms without going through SAS Lineage. To do this, open 1 term to which you would like to add the link and choose to edit this term. In a separate web browser tab, open another BDN term. The URL in the web browser that is displayed once the term is open can be used to deeplink back to it. Copy the URL, navigate back to the other web browser tab with the term already open, choose to add a Link and paste the URL along with a label into the dialog. Save the term and you now can link from one term to the other.

Ron

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation