BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Charis_Saliaris
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to export all the terms and term types from SAS Business Data Network in xml format. If so, let me know what the appropriate action is.

We want to use the xml file as a backup in the near future.

Best regards,

Charilaos Saliaris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
audrey
SAS Employee

Hi Charilaos,

Yes, you can export Terms and Terms types to XML from the SAS Business Data Network UI.

See screenshots below:

audrey_0-1634053175588.png

audrey_1-1634053273486.png

Hope this helps.

Audrey

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DanielWong
SAS Employee

Yes, both terms and term types can be exported and imported later. There is a separate set of actions for each one:

importing and exporting terms - https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/dmbdncdc/3.3/dmbdnug/p12lwsiq693oohn191vcydmx1ebm.htm

importing and exporting term types - https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/dmbdncdc/3.3/dmbdnug/n0wsm00olc4iv5n1dn8husran63n.htm#n0jhbw...

Charis_Saliaris
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your reply.

I have already seen these documents, but I wonder if I choose a large number of terms/term types for export, is there any case the export not be completed (for example due to timeout)?

audrey
SAS Employee

Are you currently facing an error? Can you share the error message or screenshot?

Thanks,

Audrey

audrey
SAS Employee

Hi Charilaos,

Yes, you can export Terms and Terms types to XML from the SAS Business Data Network UI.

See screenshots below:

audrey_0-1634053175588.png

audrey_1-1634053273486.png

Hope this helps.

Audrey

Charis_Saliaris
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello Audrey,
Thank you for the prompt reply.
No currently I am not facing error, I just wanted to know if this was the appropriate action to export all terms.
Best regards,
Charilaos Saliaris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation