BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
msastry
Fluorite | Level 6

In SAS BDN, is there a way to create 2 views of a table field names, definitions etc with one view for all users and another view for auditing the business terms in the glossary to ensure if it complies with Business Rules?

For example, if a table name is Product with field names Date, Customer Account Number, Transaction Amount, and Transaction Count, is there a way to create a view for general use of these fields and another view for auditing the field names, descriptions, requirements or Business Rules are followed?

4 REPLIES 4
VincentRejany
SAS Employee

Hi

If you are looking for having different views of the same term, this is unfortunately not possible. One term follows on term type which contains a defined set of attributes. The only option I could see, would be to set your auditing attributes as "hidden". In that case you won't see them in the interface, but they will be available through the REST API.

msastry
Fluorite | Level 6

Vincent,

Thank you. I appreciate it. I will try it and see how it works out.

Murali

msastry
Fluorite | Level 6

Vincent,

It seems feasible. However, I have not been able to try the solution or verify the hidden terms through Rest API. After I try it out, I will post it.

Thank you,

Murali 

Ambica071
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Vincent,

I am new to SAS Business Data Network and I would like to know if there is a way to get the details of a term like workflow associated with that term type, term's current workflow task? I checked if I could find these details from RESTAPI's . But unfortunately, I couldn't find these details there.

I am curious to know if there is are any SAS BDN tables which stores these information? I am not sure if there is an underlying datamodel for SAS Business Data Network .If yes where can I find it.

Thanks in Advance for the help.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation