BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
grparent
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS Community,

This is my first post. and I am not sure if it's in the right place but here goes.

I am running SAS 9.2, SAS Bridge for ESRI 3.5 and ArcGIS10. I am using the SAS Bridge for ESRI extension in ArcGIS10 and trying to export a SAS dataset from a large SDE Feature Class. The full SDE Feature Class export fails. I tried smaller selection sets and was successfull with 50,000 and 100,000 records. I tried 150,000 records and the export failed.

I have lots of available disk space for temporary space and final destination (124gig). I did notice that the failed process leaves the incomplete XML file on the disk.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Greg

- - - - - - - - - -error log below - - - - - - - - - -

2                                        The SAS System        11:46 Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2          libname instream xml ' D:\temp\data277986.xml';
NOTE: Libref INSTREAM was successfully assigned as follows: 
      Engine:        XML 
      Physical Name: D:\temp\data277986.xml
3          proc copy in=instream out=lr017814 ;run;

NOTE: Copying INSTREAM.NGD_AL_150K to LR017814.NGD_AL_150K (memtype=DATA).

encountered during XMLMap parsing
       occurred at or near line 8126832, column 20
ERROR: XML describe error: Internal processing error.
ERROR: File LR017814.NGD_AL_150K.DATA has not been saved because copy could not be completed.
NOTE: Statements not processed because of errors noted above.
NOTE: PROCEDURE COPY used (Total process time):
      real time           2:38.43
      cpu time            2:22.43

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
WARNING: The stored process executed did not contain a *PROCESSBODY; marker. Therefore, the 
         parameters passed to the stored process were ignored.
2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Don't know about this particular case, but generally XML isn't very good for exporting/importing big files. 150' records isn't that much, but in XML...?

Since you have an "Internal processing error" in your log, I suggest that you open ticket with SAS tech support.

/Linus

Data never sleeps
grparent
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Linus,

Thanks for the reply. I have already opened a ticked with SAS and they are supposed to get back to me with some feedback.

Here’s the funny thing about this situation…a person I know at a different government agency is using the same data set, the same software and can do exactly what I am trying to do without error. We check our hardware and software configurations, network setups, etc…everything is essentially the same.

Thanks again for the info.

Greg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation