BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AlexeyS
Pyrite | Level 9

I created a simple push button, and wanted to test, when I click the button dataset test is created. The name of button is button1. After I created a button and added scl code, I did compilation ant then run the code. No errors or warnings. But dataset test not created.

My scl code is:

init:                                                                                                                                   
return;  
button1: submit continue; data test; x=1; run; endsubmit; return;

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

How did you run the AF program? You need to run it using the AF command, otherwise SUBMIT blocks won't work.

AlexeyS
Pyrite | Level 9

Can you please explain, which way can I run AF command?

My steps:
1. I created push button and named it as button1
2. save the button by the same name
3. open scl of button and wrote the code
4. save it
5. compile button , and then click run command

Let's assume that my frame I created within library "Test" and Catalog="Development".

1.PNG

But as I read, because I added scl code, I can't simple run it, I can do it by two ways :

1. in the command prompt I write : AF Test.Development.Button1.FRAME 

2. using proc display

There are any other ways to run the scl code?

proc display catalog=Test.Development.Button1.FRAME ;
run;

I have one more problem with proc display:

When I run with proc display and I click the button, I have to close frame to get the result. Why?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I would stick with using the AF command for running the program. I don't have access to SAS/AF to test anything for you and I'm relying on my 20 year old knowledge of AF Smiley Wink

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@AlexeyS

Unless that's just you "playing around" implementing new things using SAS/AF is eventually not that future proof but will create technical debt. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation