BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MSaber
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all,

I'm Using SAS E.G and SAS Base installed on windows 2008 64 Bit. I'm trying to read DB2 tables which reside on Linux Redhat 6. I can read most of data, but other data which has Arabic characters I receive it as blank. I think I need to do transcode for the data while retrieve from DB2. can anyone advise how to do that or is there any other solution?

thanks,

1 REPLY 1
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Probably it is encoding. As you can read most of the data there is not technical issue in connecting.

When the DB/2 is utf-8 (the most common unicode option) one single (1) character can be represented by one 1 to 4 four bytes. A lot of old guys are mind-blocked on this

see: SAS(R) 9.4 National Language Support (NLS): Reference Guide (Common Encoding Methods)

Your local sesssion must also support that als you work on SAS base english (latin-1 437 850) based installation you could possible need to switch some things (un instead en).

The used interfaces should also support the translation with no backfiring effects

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation