BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NigelLight
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to set up an ODBC data link to read a .XML file but am getting the following message that the FXXML27S.DLL could not be found - along with a system error 126 (see below)

Can anybody advise if this is a standard add-in for SAS (and we should have it) or is licence dependent

thanks

Nigel

xml error.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Nigel, the DM Studio user guide has a usage note that might help:

Data Connection Usage Notes

It says:

ODBC XML Connections

How can I read an XML file in a data job?

Due to the limitations of the ODBC 32-bit XML driver, we recommend that you use the XML Input node to read an XML file in a data job.

NigelLight
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for the info - I have followed the link and it seems that I need to download an .XML mapper

Regards

Nige

NigelLight
Calcite | Level 5

Could this be the answer - non-compatibility? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/260558

No luck in getting this to work - back to plan B (save it as a delimited .txt file) which seems to work

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation