BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using the Latest version of SAS Data Management studio i.e 2.6.

I am facing an issue related to lineage. Please find the details below:-

1) I am able to run the Lienage job sucessfully in DMS 2.6.

1.png

but when I am trying to check for the associated Items in SAS Business Data Network 3.1 the result is blank.

2.png

Also when I trying search for Associated Items in SAS Lineage 3.1, the result is blank.

3.png

It would be really grateful and helpful if any one can guide me on how to make it work.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Swapna Kumari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stuart_sas_pubs
SAS Employee

Hi Swapna,

I wrote the Business Data Network 3.1 User's Guide, and there is a section in the chapter on Performing SAS Business Data Network Migration called Export Relationships and Lineage to the Relationships Service. The Export Data Management Platform Objects includes the following, which might be related to your problem:

You must export Data Management Platform objects to the SAS Web Infrastructure Platform before clients such as SAS Business Data Network can then use the data. For instructions, see the “Exporting Lineage Data to SAS Web Infrastructure Platform” topic in DataFlux  Data Management: User’s Guide.

SAS Business Data Network enables you to associate Data Management Platform objects such as rules, tasks, jobs, files, and other content to SAS Business Data Network objects. This feature can cause complications when you upgrade                 SAS Business Data Network at the same time that you upgrade Data Management Server. 

When you do a side-by-side install of Data Management Server and SAS Business Data Network, the location of Data Management Platform objects changes from the Data Management Server 2.5 location. Therefore, the objects associated to SAS Business Data Network terms have different paths and need to be reassociated.

When you perform an upgrade in place of Data Management Server, the object locations stay the same. Most of the objects, except jobs, remain associated to SAS Business Data Network terms. You must follow all of the steps specified                     in the migration process. 

Note: Job objects have changed path names and are not found in the new infrastructure. You must go into SAS Business Data Network 3.1 and reattach these objects after refreshing the lineage.

I hope that you find this information to be helpful.

Thanks,

Stuart Swain

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Stuart_sas_pubs
SAS Employee

Hi Swapna,

I wrote the Business Data Network 3.1 User's Guide, and there is a section in the chapter on Performing SAS Business Data Network Migration called Export Relationships and Lineage to the Relationships Service. The Export Data Management Platform Objects includes the following, which might be related to your problem:

You must export Data Management Platform objects to the SAS Web Infrastructure Platform before clients such as SAS Business Data Network can then use the data. For instructions, see the “Exporting Lineage Data to SAS Web Infrastructure Platform” topic in DataFlux  Data Management: User’s Guide.

SAS Business Data Network enables you to associate Data Management Platform objects such as rules, tasks, jobs, files, and other content to SAS Business Data Network objects. This feature can cause complications when you upgrade                 SAS Business Data Network at the same time that you upgrade Data Management Server. 

When you do a side-by-side install of Data Management Server and SAS Business Data Network, the location of Data Management Platform objects changes from the Data Management Server 2.5 location. Therefore, the objects associated to SAS Business Data Network terms have different paths and need to be reassociated.

When you perform an upgrade in place of Data Management Server, the object locations stay the same. Most of the objects, except jobs, remain associated to SAS Business Data Network terms. You must follow all of the steps specified                     in the migration process. 

Note: Job objects have changed path names and are not found in the new infrastructure. You must go into SAS Business Data Network 3.1 and reattach these objects after refreshing the lineage.

I hope that you find this information to be helpful.

Thanks,

Stuart Swain

SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your reply, the issue is resolved.. Smiley Happy

There was just a change in the URL which I was passing. I found the same on below support doc from SAS:-

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/dfdmstudio/2.6/dmpdmsug/Content/dfDMStd_T_BDN_ExpLine...

which you have also mentioned in your answer.

Thanks once again for your time.

Regards,

Swapna

Stuart_sas_pubs
SAS Employee

Hi Swapna,

I'm happy I could help.

Stuart

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation