BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dr2014
Quartz | Level 8

Hi ,

I have a field with numeric values 22,23,24 in Best12. format. I am recategorizing this variable and giving it a text value i.e.

if value=22 then value_new='yes';

else if value in (23,24) then value_new='no';

I am not sure why I am getting this message? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dr2014
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for your reply. I figured it. It worked when I assigned a length statement for the new variable.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

SAS log gives more information than you do. Where exactly have character values been converted to numeric? Please post the log, with a bit of context.

PG

PG
dr2014
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for your reply. I figured it. It worked when I assigned a length statement for the new variable.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation