BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lyanne
Obsidian | Level 7

For Preparing Data for analysis and reporting I have to work with SAS Data Management Studio in the Virtual lab. There are exercises that are using the Basics Demos repository, but I cannot find it. It is not located in D://workshop/dqdmp1.

Does anyone know where to find it? 

4 REPLIES 4
audrey
SAS Employee

Hi,

I think it should be named DM_Studio_Basics_Demos.rps. Can you try a search on the machine and see if it finds it?

Audrey

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®
Lyanne
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Audrey,

I have tried that, but it is not on my machine at all.

Lyanne
Erik_Zencos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Lyanne,

Here are the link to the coursedata, and some instructions on how to set this up, I did this on my own laptop, worked fine. Good luck.

https://support.sas.com/edu/OLTRN/EDQ26DM1/coursedata.zip

Open this zip file and extract the folder to a location where you have Write access. The ZIP file has a parent folder (dqdmp1) with two child folders (data, solutions).

• The data folder has five subfolders:
    • Copybook
    • Text Files
    • MDB Files
    • XML Files
    • SAS Datasets
  • The solutions folder has the following items:
    • two subfolders (CaseStudySolution, files)
    • a repository file (solutions.rps)
    • several QKB scheme files (with an extension of .sch.qkb)
    • three backup data ZIP files

Establishing the Data Connections

The course assumes that two data connections are in place. Follow the steps below to establish these connections in your environment.

1. Access DataFlux Data Management Studio.
  2. Click the Data riser bar.
  3. Right-click the text Data Connections. Select New Data Connection > ODBC Connection.
  4. In the ODBC Data Source Administrator window that appears, click Add.
  5. Scroll and find Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb). Select it and then click Finish.
  6. Enter dfConglomerate Gifts as the data source name. (It must be this exact string for the solution files to work.)
  7. Click Select in the Database area.
  8. Navigate to <your unzip location> \dqdmp1\data\MDB Files.
  9. Click dfConglomerate_Gifts.mdb > OK.
  10. Click OK to close the ODBC Microsoft Access Setup window.
  11. While still on the System DSN tab, click Add again.
  12. Scroll and find Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb). Click it and then click Finish.
  13. Enter dfConglomerate Grocery as the data source name. (It must be this exact string for the solution files to work.)
  14. Click Select in the Database area.
  15. Navigate to \dqdmp1\data\MDB Files.
  16. Click dfConglomerate_Grocery.mdb > OK.
  17. Click OK to close the ODBC Microsoft Access Setup window.
  18. Click OK to close the ODBC Data Source Administrator window.
  19. If necessary, click Data Connections (from the Data riser bar of Data Management Studio).
  20. Select View > Refresh. The two new data connections should be available for use.
  21. Verify that the dfConglomerate Gifts data connection has five tables and that the dfConglomerate Grocery data connection has two tables.

Regards,

Erik Meyer

Lyanne
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Erik,

I am working in the virtual lab and from the virtual lab I cannot open files from my own computer.

Regards,
Lyanne

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation