BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jhaque
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Can you help me on this. What are the steps need to be followed for this activity? Is there any challenges here? What is best way for this solution? Is there any version constraint for this or comparability issue ?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
jhaque
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Can you help me on this. What are the steps need to be followed for this activity? Is there any challenges here? What is best way for this solution? Is there any version constraint for this or comparability issue ?

Regards

SimonDawson
SAS Employee

SAS Data Integration Studio jobs are typically tightly coupled with the environment that was used when the job was deployed for scheduling. I don't think what you are planning to do is feasible at all. Even if some process allowed you to do it then I'd still discourage you from doing this.

Migrating SAS Data Integration Studio jobs is done by migrating the job metadata and deploying the job for scheduling on the new platform/environment.

Any other method is likely not a good plan.

Not sure if you can describe in a little more detail what you are trying to do but more than likely the answer will be to speak with the SAS professional services team in your local country about assistance with planning and executing this migration.

edit: typos

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Can you clearly state that you are dropping DI Studio?
DI Studio is grid enabled, I think your task would be much more awkward without it.
Data never sleeps
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@jhaque

SAS DIS is your development tool. In a production environment you deploy (schedule) the jobs. This will create SAS script (code) stored in .sas files. From this perspective you've got already everything in "Base" SAS.

There is nothing which stops you to no more use DIS and maintain the generated code (which will be Grid enabled) directly in the code BUT:

1) Once you start doing this there won't be an automated way to backsync your manual changes into DIS

2) You loose all the nice stuff SAS metadata based stuff like impact analysis and data lineage.

3) DIS generates a lot of code and it will be very hard to manually maintain this code (seriously not recommended)

Sooo... If you really want to no more use DIS then consider to fully reengineer and rebuild (recode) your ETL processes from scratch. That's going to be a lot of work though and also feels like a step backward.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation