BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
akhilesh_joshi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Guys,

I want to migrate my libraries and data from one server to another. Is there a way I can do it using SAS Enterprise Guide? If not EG, how else can I move the data and libraries from one server to another? I haven't done such migration before so would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks and regards,

Akhilesh

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What SAS version and operating system do your source and target SAS servers use? If they are different operating systems than you will need to convert for SAS data to migrate it.

akhilesh_joshi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Both servers use SAS 9.4. The data currently sits on Windows Server 2008 R2 Data center and the target server has Windows Server 2012 Data center. 

Thanks,

Akhilesh

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@akhilesh_joshi wrote:

Hi,

Both servers use SAS 9.4. The data currently sits on Windows Server 2008 R2 Data center and the target server has Windows Server 2012 Data center. 

Thanks,

Akhilesh

Then just copy the data over the network or move the data volumes.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If the environment (operating system, bitness) stays the same, just copy the files with operating system and file transfer tools.

With more advanced operating systems and a SAN, you could simply unmount the volumes from one server and mount on the other.

akhilesh_joshi
Fluorite | Level 6

HI Kevin,

Can you elaborate a little?

Thanks and regards,

Akhilesh

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you have network shares set up for both your source and target servers, using Windows Explorer to copy and paste the required data folders is probably the simplest approach.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Kevin...?
I think that the suggestions are pretty clear. What is that you don't understand?
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation