BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Che
Fluorite | Level 6 Che
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am using macro variable for passing BF_PATH or QKB path.We pass this macro variable through a variable section of our real time service request.Macro variable value is set perfectly if we call a simple Data Job but when we call another data job using data reference node macro variable value is not set in any of the Data Quality nodes. Instead it uses defalut QKB.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour and if yes do we know solution to this problem or any workaround?

My end goal is to pass QKB path to all DQ nodes in parent data job as well as Data job it references.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

It's an advanced topic that's probably not as well documented as it could be. I'll be sure to let our documentation team know we could use some examples in this area.

Ron

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RonAgresta
SAS Employee

Try the following: using the KEY_VALUES property in the advanced properties dialog of the Data Job (reference) node, add values as follows for each macro you want to pass through:

• KEY = the name of the macro in the inner (or referenced) job
  • VALUE = the value passed in as a macro from the parent job, surrounded by %% like so: %%MyMacro%%

Ron

Che
Fluorite | Level 6 Che
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Ron!

Appreciate your response.I will give it a try and confirm if it works.Do you have any detail document that describes this parameter?

When I looked at SAs help document it doesn't give much information on this parameter.

RonAgresta
SAS Employee

It's an advanced topic that's probably not as well documented as it could be. I'll be sure to let our documentation team know we could use some examples in this area.

Ron

Che
Fluorite | Level 6 Che
Fluorite | Level 6

Ron,

Thanks a bunch.Looks like using Key_values parameter has resolved our issue of passing macro variable value in an embedded job.

I am still doing testing to make sure it works in all of our scenarios but all the basic tests ran fine.

Regards,

Chetan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation