BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
danielmitu
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have a job and the output is a oracle table/library.

The user should not have access to modify this Oracle table.

The user is part of an Access Control Template that has only RM.

I compare another library and I found that in the first one, when I click on Libname I see this:

LIBNAME xxxxxx ORACLE  ADJUST_BYTE_SEMANTIC_COLUMN_LENGTHS=NO DBCLIENT_MAX_BYTES=1 DBSERVER_MAX_BYTES=1  PATH=XXXXXX.WORLD  SCHEMA=YYYYY  USER=AAAAAA  PASSWORD="{SAS002}cxcxxsdasdsa" ;

In the second libname I see this:

LIBNAME xxxxxxx ORACLE  DBMAX_TEXT=4000  PATH=XXXXXX  SCHEMA=aaaaaaaaa  AUTHDOMAIN="aaaaaaa" ;

How can I set the libname for the first library like the second one. TO have only the AUTHDOMAIN, not the user and password saved.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Are both generated from meta data?
If so, "just" comapre all settings for the library (and connected schema and database objects).
Data never sleeps
danielmitu
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I don't understand the question.

Can you explain?

Thank

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@danielmitu

Both libname syntax you've posted will give the user who is executing the code access to Oracle.

The libname code gets generated based on the library metadata definition and though if you want to figure out what to change in metadata for the first library simply compare it with the metadata definition for the 2nd library.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation