BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ThomasH
Calcite | Level 5
Dear all,

I am trying to export a job from 9.1.3 SP4 to 9.2 (via DI Studio) and out of my several hundred jobs 5 do not work. The import log says

--

ERROR - Fehler beim Verarbeiten von "/<...directory...>/" Fehler: The object or objects are not found in the mdassoc container in the repository.
com.sas.iom.SASIOMDefs.GenericError: The object or objects are not found in the mdassoc container in the repository.
at com.sas.iom.SASIOMDefs.GenericErrorHelper.read(GenericErrorHelper.java:21)
at com.sas.iom.SASIOMDefs.GenericErrorHelper.extract(GenericErrorHelper.java:46)
at com.sas.meta.SASOMI._portable_stub_IOMI.DoRequest(_portable_stub_IOMI.java:581)
at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMIWrapperImpl.DoRequest(MdOMIWrapperImpl.java:623)
at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdOMIUtilImpl.DoRequestNoReturn(MdOMIUtilImpl.java:2646)
at com.sas.metadata.remote.impl.MdObjectBaseXMLImpl.updateMetadataAll(MdObjectBaseXMLImpl.java:540)
at com.sas.metadata.remote.MdObjectStoreImpl.updatedMetadataAll(MdObjectStoreImpl.java:319)
at com.sas.etl.models.impl.OMRAdapter.save(OMRAdapter.java:400)
at com.sas.etl.migration.UpgradeJobAction.upgradeJob(UpgradeJobAction.java:640)
at com.sas.publicobjects.etl.Job.upgradeFromPreviousVersion(Job.java:282)
at com.sas.metadata.promotion.UpgradeManager.performCustomUpgrade(UpgradeManager.java:415)
at com.sas.metadata.promotion.UpgradeManager.upgradeObject(UpgradeManager.java:385)
at com.sas.metadata.promotion.UpgradeManager.upgradeObjects(UpgradeManager.java:236)
at com.sas.metadata.promotion.ImportHandler.upgradeObjects(ImportHandler.java:734)
at com.sas.metadata.promotion.ImportHandler.runImport(ImportHandler.java:562)
at com.sas.metadata.promotion.ImportHandler.runImport(ImportHandler.java:520)
at com.sas.metadata.promotion.visuals.ImportExecutePanel$ImportThread.launchImport(ImportExecutePanel.java:149)
at com.sas.metadata.promotion.visuals.ImportExecutePanel$ImportThread.run(ImportExecutePanel.java:130)

---

However, the job is imported, but when I open it the system prompts:

"The requested action is not available for this object / version 0.5 is not supported."

What to do?

Thanks,
Thomas
8 REPLIES 8
DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee
Here's a topic that describes some special considerations when you are converting jobs from earlier releases to 9.2 (DI Studio 4.2). Do any of these conditions apply to your jobs that are not being converted?

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/whatsdiff/62095/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003313387.htm
ThomasH
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Dave,

thanks for the quick reply!

I have checked the page, but I cannot find anything that would prevent the job from being imported.

Any other ideas? The job was created in DI Studio 3.4, does only contain out of the box SQL Join, Extract, Table Loader transformations.

Thanks,
Thomas
DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee
This is just a guess: if you right-click the job, do you see an Upgrade option?
ThomasH
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Dave,

there is an "upgrade" button, but it throws the same error as written in the first post.

Thomas
DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee
Sorry that did not help. If no one else posts a solution, a tech support call might be in order.
Thomas,

I found the information below in a support track that sounds very much like your problem. Please give this a try:

Q: The object or objects are not found in the mdassoc container in the repository

A: clean the mdassoc table with the "Analyze/Repair Metadata" tool in SMC. Start it via "Active Server" -> "Metadata Manager" plugin or directory of the repository. RMB for options.

If you need further description, please post again.

Thanks,

Tim Stearn
AWaykar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Has there been any other resolution to his fix this? As the resolution which Tim suggested doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Regards

MikeFrost
SAS Employee

Hi Amol,

I recommend you open a tech support track for this issue so that it can investigated more thoroughly.

Regards,

Mike F.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation