BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mayank3994
Calcite | Level 5

While i'm creating new library then i'm not able to browse and change the path?

Note:- our server is on unix platform

I have performed same task with SAS sms on windows plateform there i'm able to browse and change the path.

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

I'm assuming your talking about creating a library via the point and click interface? 

Does a libname statement work? 

Libname test '/folders/myfolders';

mayank3994
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, it's working.

Please look at aatachment for better understanding.

Issue.JPG
Reeza
Super User

Your set up is beyond my experience. I'm going to assume it's an access issue. It also doesn't look like your trying to set up a regular library so it may help to clarify the type of connection. 

mayank3994
Calcite | Level 5

ya...you are right it's access issue while i clicked on browse.

mayank3994
Calcite | Level 5

For batter understanding look at once screenshot.

Issue.JPG
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You are not confusing the physical path to the SAS library with the metadata location?

Since the screen shot is showing the part of the wizard where to chose the metadata folder to store the metadata registration. You should be able to change this location, given that you have the appropriate authorization.

The physical path is specified later in the wizard.

Data never sleeps
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

For browsing the server's file system while doing something in SAS Management Console, the MC needs to start a remote SAS session. Maybe you already fail there.

More information (error messages etc) is needed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation