BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kumar85
Calcite | Level 5

Hi 

I work for a business team who are very fond of SAS EG. So we use Eg for creating the programs and then our plan is to import them to the DI studio environment as a job(User Transformation) and then schedule it. So the question here is that is it possible to create a job and deploy it without running it? If, yes can someone guide me through the process.

Thanks in advance guys

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@kumar85

There is an import task in DIS which allows you to import .sas files. Such code gets then split up into multiple "custom" nodes (I believe a node per run group). That works and looks nice but creates in my opinion a rather hard to maintain DIS job.

If creating metadata for scheduling is the only reason for DIS then what I would do:

1.Store a copy of the EG project in a safe location - versioned as part of handover from business to you. 

2. Export the EG code to a single .sas file

3. Get rid of the EG added code at the beginning and very end of the code (or implement these EG macros also in a SAS Autocall facility)

4. Save the .sas file somewhere on the server side

5. Create a job with a single user written transformation which just does an %include ... / source2; for this .sas file

6. Deploy the job

7. Schedule the job

Doing it this way should allow for easier job maintenance (done in EG). If you have to update things just create a new .sas file with the same name and replace the existing .sas file on the server (the one you %include).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation