BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAPPER
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,
When I try to do a Impact or Reverse Impact analysis the result showing the flow of metadata appears pretty quickly in the "TREE VIEW" but when i try to obtain the "Diagram view" it takes around 45 minutes to an 1 hour on my PC.
Also I cannot print the whole diagram to a page / PDF file .

Is there any options / hotfixes to fix this issue of making the diagram view faster and also downloading the entire diagram to say a PDF file?

We are on SUN 64 and using DI 4.21

Thanks
SAPPER
3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I know that this normally takes longer, but not that long...

This can depend on lot of things:
-HW config on server
-HW config client
-Network
-Ovarall size of metadata
-Structure of metadata (how many jobs/tables deep goes your impact)
-Configuration of the metadata server (reorg, drop deleted objects, server settings...)
-The load on the server (overall and metadata server)

The easiest to check out is the client, start the Task Manager and see how your CPU and RAM handles your impact analysis.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
SAPPER
Calcite | Level 5
Hello Linus,
Completely agree with you on this.
I am actually getting some new hardware on the client side , will let you know if that helps.

once done Is there a way to send this diagram view to a PDF/any other format?

Thanks
SAPPER.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Try the Save Diagram as Image from the File menu, which lets you create a png image.
It might need some cropping afterwards...

An alternative is to use the XPS document writer (from the print button in the Analyze window).

have tried to use different PDF writers, but the image doesn't fit so far, maybe it would work with some tuning.

/Linus
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation