BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everybody:

I have a Problem With SAS Management console & SAS Data Integration Studio, I can't open those application, only shows me in a few moment the Screen initial. (Attached image). 

I have SAS 9.4 Standalone installation on Windows Server 2012R2 64bits, recently completed the installation, however SAS management console, worked correctly and stopped working.

We can help me, suggestions?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for you help and recommendations. Now I can Open are Clients, I returned to reinstall the application with my SAS Depot and I Could Solve this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS Management Console is a Java-based application. A possible explanation of this behaviour is use of an incompatible version of Java. Have you updated Java recently? Are you opening SAS MC on the server itself or from a PC connecting to your SAS server?

Please advise what version of SAS you are running including maintenance level and also the version of Java installed.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You may also find some clues in the SAS Management Console client log file: SASMCErrorLog.txt

I would check its timestamp, to see if it is being updated, and then the contents for any stack traces and error messages.

If you need help finding that log file there's more info at https://platformadmin.com/blogs/paul/2010/06/sas-management-console-log-file/ and https://support.sas.com/kb/43/157.html

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This happended to me today after updating workstation clients to SAS 9.4 M5. SAS Management Console started, the splash screen appeared, disappeared, and then nothing.

I remembered that there is a sasmc_console.exe alongside sasmc.exe. If you run that from a Windows command line it logs messages to the console. In my case it showed a "no matching Plug-ins" message:

C:\Program Files\SASHome2\SASManagementConsole\9.4>sasmc_console.exe
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sas.app.RepositoryException: For one or more plug-in requests, no matching Plug-ins were found in repository: MetaInt [9.1.0.0_SAS_20170720162239,9.1.0.0_SAS_20170720162239], PlatformComputing_PM [10.1.0.0_SAS_20170516111116,10.1.0.0_SAS_20170516111116], ....

... which I'm about to start looking into further. 🙂

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You may also find a log file in a location similar to this:

C:\Users\myuserid\AppData\Local\SAS\SASDeploymentWizard\sasmc_2017-9-28-14.41.6.log

... with the same sasmc_console.exe messages and a few more.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I have resolved my own issue with SAS Management Console 9.5 M5 not starting. It appears that the VJR cache did not get updated. After deleting/renaming the file C:\Program Files\SASHome2\SASVersionedJarRepository\eclipse\com.sas.app.launcher.cacheFile (as mentioned in http://support.sas.com/kb/59/113.html for Foundation SAS) I was able to start SAS Management Console successfully. I took a little longer the first time whilst it rebuilt that cache file.

DavidGQ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for you help and recommendations. Now I can Open are Clients, I returned to reinstall the application with my SAS Depot and I Could Solve this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation