BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I am going to use  SAS Web Report Studio and SAS Management Console ,but it seems that a Metadata Server need to be started at first.

Could anyone tell me how and where to start the SAS Metadata Server on my own computer?

Thank you!

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

With SAS Web Report Studio you will also need a Mid-Tier Server like JBoss.

If it's you installing all this stuff on your machine then your question indicates to me that you first need to read up a bit about how the SAS Server Architecture works. And then you need to read through the Installation and Admin Guides for your version, eg. for SAS9.2: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/intellplatform/index.html#intell92

There are a couple of post-installation tasks to be performed - and it's quite a bit of work to get your head around if you're doing this for the first time.

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Mike,

If you just want to start metadata server you need to go to services and you need to find  SAS meta  (port 8561) and you need to the start the services in windows  machine (or metadata server.sh in unix env) .You also need to start the Webserver(jboss,welogic or IBM WAS ) to run to SAS web applications.

If your metadata server is started properly you can connect to SAS MC.

Thanks,

Shiva

Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Shiva,

Would you tell me more detail about how to start the metadata server? I have several questions confused me a long time.

1.before starting the metadata server,what kind of SAS software or SAS components must be pre-installed?

2.after intalled these requested pre-installed parts ,as you mentioned I need to go to start the service in windows(I use windows ),Does the service name 'SAS meta' could be found in the service list?

Thank you very much!

Mike

Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Patrick,

I am the first time doing this,I know there must be a lot of things to prepare and finish the task,would you tell me where is my start point? and what kind of SAS software or SAS components must be pre-installed?

Thanks!

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Mike,

Assuming you are using SAS 9.2,before you start installing SAS,you need to download required version of Java and Jboss(you can get this information from support site http://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/index.html.

Check this link...it will help you with installation and configuration along with pre installation check list required for installation.Hope this helps..

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biig/60946/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003070360.htm

Thanks,

Shiva

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation