BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
venkiparki_gmail_com
Calcite | Level 5

I have successfully connected the excel sheet with the SAS stored process. It runs whenever the file opens and refreshes the data within 30-40 seconds. I am wondering if there is a way to run this stored process without opening the excel file every time. Say I wanted to schedule this to update the sheet every day at 8AM. Can this be done using Windows schedule task?

Also, I am wondering if anyone has experience with Auto_Open macro in VBA. The stored process data feeds this excel macro to create several graphs. These graphs are then printed as PDF and uploaded into a webpage using DMS (CMS) every day. I wanted to automate these completely using:

SAS Stored process --> Excel SAS Add in -->  Auto_Open update macro --> VBA to print PDF --> Web reporting studio to create a static link to place it in the web

I wanted to run the stored process before running the Auto_Open macro, so it uses updated data every day. When I tried to do this, I always ended up with Auto_Open running before stored process while opening the file. I tried wait and all, but nothing seems to be working. I know all the graphs can be done in SAS and it would make the job easier without involving excel in the picture.

If you have any thoughts or ideas, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

park

1 REPLY 1
RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee

A stored process is simply a SAS program with some accompanying metadata. The SAS program can be executed in a batch process. This process can be then scheduled to run on a daily basis.

HTH.

Richard

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation