BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KaushalP
Calcite | Level 5

I have txt files, Which has indexes and description, So i want to create index as variable and description as a variable value, i have same indexes on all txt files but different descriptions.

This is Sample txt file,

------------------------------------------------------------------

Profile Information

This is demo line to show the idea of my data

This is demo line to show the idea of my data,demo demo demo

This is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my data,demo demo

Work Information

This is demo line to show the idea of my data

This is demo line to show the idea of my data,demo demo demo

This is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line

how the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my data

This is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my data

This is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line to show the idea of my dataThis is demo line

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Output should be like this>>>>

Profile Information       |    Work Information

(Description of profile information)    | (Description of work information)

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Plain text isn't really a SAS killer app, unless you are into text mining.

Your sample data is quite confusing.

And what is your output? A database table or a report?

Do you consider all lines of data as one block of information (variable in SAS), or is each line a separate item.

If the later, you need some measure to match the profile line with its corresponding Work line...or...?

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation