BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deepika2
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am having a table in Hive and using that table I am trying to create a temporary table in Hive based on some conditions and lookup values, which are stored in a SAS dataset.

I am using Execute (insert into ....  ) by hadoop inside proc sql. On using the SAS dataset reference inside Execute by hadoop, it gives me an error.

Can somebody suggest how can I achieve this.

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Please share the code/log so we better can understand what you are trying to do. Including the look-up step.

Data never sleeps
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @deepika2

Anything enclosed in the parentheses is sent directly to Hive. Hive doesn't know anything about a SAS data set so you will get an error. 

EXECUTE (all this stuff goes straight to Hive) BY HADOOP;

Update: I just noticed the Subject of this post. Are you trying to store SAS7BDAT files on HDFS?

Best wishes,

Jeff

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi deepika2,

This article by @briankinnebrew may help you: 

How to persist native SAS data sets to Hadoop (Hive)

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation