BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AmitSingh1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

We are using Linux server for SAS and version is SAS 9.3. We have a requirement in which SAS library data needs to be migrated to MapR. The SAS library connection uses oracle tables. We tried to search the library file on the SAS server but not able to find. Please suggest how can we find those SAS data files and where they are stored??

These SAS files needs to be transferred to MapR, scp command can be used for file transfer.

Thanks

AS

6 REPLIES 6
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

If I'm understanding your question correctly, your SAS library is simply a connection to a set of Oracle tables, and doesn't exist independently from Oracle.

I don't know MapR, but can you set up a connection in it to the Oracle tables directly? There's no need to involve SAS in it.

Tom

AmitSingh1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Yes, the oracle libraries are bascially connection libraries to oracle and then used in SAS EG prgramming. I was not sure if these libraries are stored somewhere on SAS unix server. I checked on SAS server but did not find. 

MapR can be called Hadoop plateform/Server. Here our business user would like to use SAS library as source to Hadoop and hence they asked to send the library content from SAS server, so that they can use in Hapoop analytics. But as you said it does not exist physically on SAS server, so we cannot provide. I would suggest user to have direct connection to Oracle datasource??

Thanks

AS

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Yes, it looks to me like you should have your MapR users connect directly to Oracle.

If you need help finding the details of the Oracle tables that are being connected to, there are a number of tools that can be used to determine this.

Tom

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
What SAS/ACCESS licenses do you have?
If you wish to connect to MapR it's strongly advised to upgrade to the latest SAS release since much functionality have been added.
Data never sleeps
AmitSingh1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

We are using SAS 9.3. And basically it was requirement from user to use the SAS library as a source. Not sure how to use SAS datasource in Hadoop. But could I suggest to have direct connection between Hadoop and Oracle datasource because the Oracle library which user is asking is just a datasource connection and does not exist physically.

Thanks

AS

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I sugest that you contact SAS or a SAS partner and get help analysing your requirements and help architecting your environment.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation