BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shantaram
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I want log files on mail of scheduled job which is on server.

is this possible or not if yes then how ?

job developed in sas data integration studio.

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Not out of the box, but a simple job/program/scripts would probably do the job.

What scheduler do you use?

If cron/WTS - do you define the flows in SMC?

Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Moving thread to a more suitabel forum for DI Studio questions.

Data never sleeps
Shantaram
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Linush,

I am using SMC for scheduling.

its possible to get the log file  of scheduled job.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I'm sure that there are several ways to do it.
The easiest would be to create a shell script that scans the Log directory under BatchServer and emails any new files.
Question is why you want do this. Usually reading log files is an adhoc activity initiated by errors or other signals.
Data never sleeps
Shantaram
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

My team wants to track the error details and want to know which process take more time to execute.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Continues monitoring can done via Environment Manager, much better than browsing individual logs.
On a job/flow level, the flow log under the SchedulingManager directory is more user friendly.
As stated earlier, checking logs for errors is a signal initiated activity. When receiving a such, one could easily check the og on the server. Mailing all logs makes little sense, especially in large deployments.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation