BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rinto
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SAS pro,

I have a problem here about how I could distributed acct's fairly to each team member(people). The condition is I have as exam 3 team members(A,B, C) and  each person has got following numbers account in existing : A - 10 acct's, B - 15 acct's, C - 16 acct's. and I have new 10 account's that should distributed to them but the rule is at the ending total account's that they got is same/almost same, then if do manually new 10 acct's will distribute to A: 7 +(10 existing)=17 acct's,  B: 2 +(15 existing)= 17acct's, C: 1 +(16 existing)=17 act's. then we could see that each team member will have 17 acct's. as notes number of team member are fix but not with the next new account will distributed

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

You may need to describe the modules of SAS you have available. This looks like it could fall into an optimization routine which typically are part of SAS/OR or SAS/IML.

rinto
Calcite | Level 5

thanks ballardw for your reply, but I only have SAS base is that possible there's module available there? or I should create it but do you have any idea how to create it?

ballardw
Super User

Generic approach: Determine total number of currently assigned customers

Determine total number of customer service reps or what ever you call them

Determine the average number of clients that should be assigned: (new_clients + current_clients)/number of service reps

Subtract the number of current clients per rep from that (rounded) average to get number of new ones.

You'll need a rule for who gets any fraction client left over.

With out a description of how your current data is structured and what you want the final output to look at that's about all I can say at this time as your data structures can make a big difference in how to get the counts mentioned above and how to distribute the new clients.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation