BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shantaram
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have one table with 50 fields if any of the column is changed, then add a new row with updated record.

3 REPLIES 3
DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi mate,

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but here is my guess: you want to control or prevent the table changes.

For this check out - About CDC Control Tables or Creating a Control Table

In jobs that include a change data capture transformation, you can use a control table to prevent the update of target rows that were processed in an earlier run. When you run a job that uses a control table, the CDC transformation first finds in the source the most recent insert, update, or delete action for a given unique identifier (business key). The most recent source row is then compared to the prior actions that appear in the control table. If the unique identifiers match, and if the rest of the rows are identical, then the source row is a duplicate and it is not added to the target.

Keep me updated with anyother doubts. 
Hope this helps.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Moved to the home forum for DI Studio questions.

Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If this is a target table I would recommend the SCD Type 2 Loader.

How to use depends on the other requirements that you have, design decisions and your data model,

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation