BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
anilawate
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

We are using SAP/Access Interface to R/3 which is configured to access objects from SAP BW. But we are unable to register the multi-provider objects from SAP BW using R/3.

My query is, can we access multi-provider objects from SAP BW using R/3 ? If not How to access this objects.

-

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @anilawate 

SAS/ACCESS Interface to R/3 does not support Multi-Providers. It may be possible to query the individual components separately; I don't know. An alternative is to use BAPI to extract the data from the MultiProviders; this would require custom development on the SAP side. 

UPDATE: A friend told me that it may be possible to create a view on the Multi-Provider and read it with SAS/ACCESS Interface to R/3, SAS Data Surveyor to SAP, and SAS/ACCESS Interface to SAP HANA

UPDATE UPDATE: It turns out that the user must extract all the basic components from the multiprovider and rebuild it in SAS. @LouGalway_sas is the man on SAP!

Best wishes,
Jeff

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @anilawate 

SAS/ACCESS Interface to R/3 does not support Multi-Providers. It may be possible to query the individual components separately; I don't know. An alternative is to use BAPI to extract the data from the MultiProviders; this would require custom development on the SAP side. 

UPDATE: A friend told me that it may be possible to create a view on the Multi-Provider and read it with SAS/ACCESS Interface to R/3, SAS Data Surveyor to SAP, and SAS/ACCESS Interface to SAP HANA

UPDATE UPDATE: It turns out that the user must extract all the basic components from the multiprovider and rebuild it in SAS. @LouGalway_sas is the man on SAP!

Best wishes,
Jeff

anilawate
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @JBailey,
Thank you for the information.

Does the SAS/ACCESS Interface to HANA supports multi-providers?
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @anilawate 

I have updated the original post with new information.

Best wishes,

Jeff

anilawate
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @JBailey ,

But Multi Provider is itself a view. How / is it possible to create a view of view ?

Wishes,

Anil

LouGalway_sas
SAS Employee

Anil,

My apologies, when I gave the advice to Jeff about views, I was mistakenly thinking about ADSOs.  For a MulltiProvider, as mentioned above, a user must extract all included basic providers and reconstruct the multiprovider in SAS.

Regards,

Lou

anilawate
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @LouGalway_sas @JBailey,

Thank you for the reply.

But if Multi-provider hold multiple view of objects, then it would be time consuming to extract one by one and then re-construct in SAS.

Regards,

Anil

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation