BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yash311
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I would like to know the steps of how to import the following files in SAS Dataflux Management Studio. 

1) .sas

2) .ddf

3) .djf

Can some one help me with the steps .  Firstly i would like to know the steps for importing the above files in Data Integaration studio.

2 REPLIES 2
MC1985
Obsidian | Level 7

can you explain better your question?

When you write the threee type of file what you want to say? where this file come from?

1) *.sas is a SAS script or a sas dataset (*.sas7bdat)?

2) *.ddf isBtrieve/Xtriev data definition file? i read that is a sort of *.dat file is correct?

3) *.djf i don't know about it

if you want to import *.sas or *.ddf you can use make a custom task with a <<datastep>> with <<infile>> options, that read all type of script file.

hope this help

let me know

have nice day

MC

Martino Crippa
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
1) For SAS programs there's a Code Importer wizard that is creating job and table metadata objects for you. Usually it requires some manual post processing to look good.
2) To import metadata from other vendors than DAD you use the Meta Data Bridges add on product. I couldn't find Btrieve as a supported interface there, but perhaps you can explore another option for interchange of metadata?
But as @MT1985 says, you need to describe in more detail what those files are.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation