BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

I am trying to link a user transformation to a SAS Dataset. I have an intermediary 'update' transformation to do the actual task. I ran the di studio job but not able to see the expected output. I tried on propagating the columns and

I am relatively new to sas di studio 4.9

Line 533: ERROR: File WORK.W2ENFD6I.DATA does not exist.  
Line 534: WARNING: The data set TMP1 may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 0 variables.    
Line 534: WARNING: Data set TMP1 was not replaced because this step was stopped.

Thanks,
saspert

linking_usertrn_to_sasdataset.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
What are you trying to do?
What does the user written transformation do?
You probably need some input data to feed your job.
Data never sleeps
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

I am trying to map an existing ETL process's fields to new ones. As part of upgrade, we moved from SAS Activity Based Management 7.1/ SAS 9.2 to SAS Cost & Profitability Management 8.1/ SAS 9.4.

In order not to break the ETLs, I am trying to map the new fields to the old fields.

By using the user transformation, I am able to create the new source table in SAS 9.4. But I am not able to map it back to the old layout

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Sounds like you are doing quite a change.

In these kind of projects you need a DI Studio expert on site to direct and mentor.

Data never sleeps
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

The changes may not be that complex if I can the very first job to work.

I am trying to understand SAS DI studio to atleast answer the questions from the business. I have a few questions actually -

1. The code inside the code panel does not seem to reflect the code inside the individual transformation. How do I ensure that it is in sync?

2. How do I keep a stored process, a di studio job and the original sas program in sync?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
First, those are new questions, and should be asked in a seperate thread.

1. Ard you referring to the code tabs? They should be.

2. Creating Stored processes from DI Studio jobs is usually an exception. But that would be a part of your development and deployment process.
In normal development there are no original SAS programs, all programs are generated from jobs.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation