BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Abrar
Calcite | Level 5

I have to generate metadata report only for my project jobs but the report generation tool of SAS DI Studio 4.5 created the report for entire metadata repository. Is there a process to generate the report only for selected project or jobs? Please help as this is somewhat urgent.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The reporting capabilities in DI Studio leaves much to wish for.

So I don't think you can specify your project, (don't have DIS at my fingertips, so I can't test).

But why do you need to create reports from your project? You mean your project repository, right?

Data never sleeps
Abrar
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply LinusH !!

Yes, i have created a separate project repository for my project work.

But i could not see any option is SAS DI Studio metadata report generation facility to generate report only for my project repository.

You always end up with a metadata report of your whole Foundation repository, containing information about jobs of other users also, which is of no use for my analysis.

Even, there is no option to filter the metadata information from that report for your repository.

Please help in getting a metadata report only for my tasks.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Not sure if I'm right, but I think it sounds like you are using the project repository as a permanent storage for your "private" work. Either way, that's nit the intended use for a project repository. It's a lace were you edit metadata, and test the functionality before you merge it back to the complete stack of the whole systemstory metadata. So it makes little sense to make reports on that kind of work in progress. To me you only need to publish material on stuff that is integrated in a production environment.

As said, the out of the box reports in DI Studio is quite inflexible. If you wish to create your own reports you need to go down the java road: https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etlug/65807/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0a3a2uetvw1v4n15fs...
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation