BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

I have a job in DM studio that contains a branch that breaks out several nodes into separate output files.  From there I need to take the data from the output files and paste it or somehow get it into a wiki document as a table.  Currently we have an excel macro that reformats the data by placing pipes at the beginning, double pipes between cells/columns, creates a hard carriage return followed by "|-" after each row.  That data is then placed into the wiki and it recognizes the hard carriage return and |- and creates a new row.  I can't figure out a way to create the output of a data job in DM studio that will do this for me automatically. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

I was able to find a workaround, may not be the best or only option but it works temporarily.  I used the concatenation node and added <TR Class = "rowon" and <td> at the beginning of my list. Then after each separate field I inserted </td><td> to end and start a new field. I ended the list with </tr>.  I ran that node into a text file output.  Once that runs, I copy and paste those results into my wiki page that has been pre-built with the headers etc.  The information gets pasted into the "body" of the wiki.  This seems to be the best solution that I have found, but interested in other options down the road to enhance this if anyone has ideas.  Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

How are you creating the csv? A data step should be able to do this. 

beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

Using a text file output node.  Maybe this isn't the best way to accomplish what my goal is but it's what I have right now. If there is a different way to get this done Im interested. 

beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

I should add that I used a concatenation node prior to the text file output to add a single pipe at the beginning of a row and double pipes between columns which works perfectly when I paste it into the wiki, it puts each of the cells in the correct columns but it doesn't hard break it to start a new row. Everything continues on in the same row. 

beamer108
Quartz | Level 8

I was able to find a workaround, may not be the best or only option but it works temporarily.  I used the concatenation node and added <TR Class = "rowon" and <td> at the beginning of my list. Then after each separate field I inserted </td><td> to end and start a new field. I ended the list with </tr>.  I ran that node into a text file output.  Once that runs, I copy and paste those results into my wiki page that has been pre-built with the headers etc.  The information gets pasted into the "body" of the wiki.  This seems to be the best solution that I have found, but interested in other options down the road to enhance this if anyone has ideas.  Thank you for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation