BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidGhan
SAS Employee

Hi Data Management Community,

I'm presenting a live "Ask the Expert" webinar on July 24th , 1 - 2 p.m. ET on Universal SAS Methods to Access Just About Any Data, Anywhere. I hope you'll join me!

Register Now

In this webinar I will illustrate two universal SAS syntax methods for reading and writing database tables: SQL pass-through and the SAS ACCESS LIBNAME method. I will demonstrate these methods for several diverse data source and emphase the consistency of the SAS syntax that makes it easy for SAS users to apply these methods to any required database. Some performance considerations and efficiency techniques will be discussed. If there are any specific questions you'd like me to address for this talk let me know by responding to this thread.

Be sure to subscribe to the Ask the Expert Community Library to receive follow up Q/A, slides and other related resources from the webinar. From Ask the Expert Library, just click Subscribe from the orange bar underneath the list of the recent articles. Can't join the live event? You can view this and other Ask the Experts sessions on-demand here.

3 REPLIES 3
pchegoor
Pyrite | Level 9

@DavidGhan     I  missed this  Webinar even though i did register .  Is there any chancing  of  viewing a Recorded Session or  Presentation  Slides  for this Topic ?

Thanks.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi 

Great question! DavidGhan posted an article in the Community Library that gives a link to the on-demand version, recaps the Q/A and attaches the slides from the session:

SAS ACCESS: Universal SAS Methods to Access Just About Any Data, Anywhere - Ask the Expert Q&A

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation