BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

I am using SAS DI Studio 4.21.

I am facing a new error from yesterday in all client machines,but the the job working fine in server .

The error are as follows.

1)'A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has occured'.

'2)A Link must be established by executing the SIGNON command before you can communicate with LOCAL.

These errors i got in file reader transformation.

Do I need to change any configurations in server?

Does anybody got these error before?

Kindly help me on this.

5 REPLIES 5
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

"....before you can communicate with LOCAL"

Local is normally the SAS installations (Server, PC SAS) on your client machine. That's not the environment you normally connect to using DIS. With DIS4.2 the default name of the server is SASMain (later it's SASApp).

How comes that you're trying to connect to a local server (LOCAL)?

...and: If you get an answer which you consider to be helpful or correct could you please flag it accordingly (that's a reference to your other post where you asked for help with this one https://communities.sas.com/thread/47619 ).

Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Where we need to change this from local to SASMain(SAS App)?

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Under "File\Connection Profile" either select an existing profile which points to the appropriate SAS Metadata Server or create an new one.

For a new connection profile:

You need to know the Machine (the network name of the metadata server or its IP address, the port, the metadata user (inclusive domain) and of course the metadata password for this user).

The default ports are:

8561 for a Prod environment (Lev1)

8562 for a Test environment (Lev2)

8563 for a Dev environment (Lev3)

The SAS Admin at your site should be able to provide you with all the information you need. And: It's the same for a connection via SMC or SAS EG.

Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Patrick,

I will try this on tmrw an let  u knw.

Anyhow,Thanks for your reply.

Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

I deleted the old connection and created a new one.

And,its working fine.

Thanks Patrick for ur help...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation