BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vivshri
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to connect SAS 9.3 over Windows 2008 64 Bit to Hadoop 2.4.0 Apache distribution. I can run the following command successfully

proc hadoop username='hadoop' password='mypassword' verbose;

hdfs mkdir='/tmp/d';

run;

But when I try to use libname, I get the following error.

proc sql;

connect to hadoop (user="myuser" pw=XXXXXXX server=hxpduped);

ERROR: The HADOOP engine cannot be found.

ERROR: A Connection to the hadoop DBMS is not currently supported, or is not installed at your

site.

libname hdp hadoop BL_PORT=9001 server="xx.xx.xx.xx" port=10000 subprotocol=hive2

! schema=default

user=hadoop password=XXXXXXXX verbose;

ERROR: The HADOOP engine cannot be found.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Is something missing in the jar files? I have setup SAS_HADOOP_JAR_PATH and SAS_HADOOP_CONFIG.

1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

From what I can see in the SAS online documentation, proc hadoop is part of Base SAS, while libname hadoop requires the SAS/ACCESS to Hadoop module. I suspect you don't have the latter licensed/installed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation