BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jdlee333
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am currently working with yearly data sets from 1980-2014, using SAS 9.4. All of the years that I am working with run without a hitch, except for the year 2006. The error code that comes up says that the 2006 data is shorter than expected. If anyone could give me some advice to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Josh

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

It helps to post the log with the code and the error message(s) for anything regarding an error message. Best is to post into a code box opened with the forum {i} icon as error messages sometimes include diagnostic information that is line position dependent and the main forum message boxes will reformat the message somewhat losing that information.

prasadborra
Calcite | Level 5

This happens when the file you are trying to read is corrupted or not complete. I have faced the same issue before, trying to read a file which is not written completely.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation