BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RamKumar
Fluorite | Level 6

I've a requirement to create a error control table via status handling in DI job. But I couldn't do it (getting error) since my staging and target table is Oracle.

Please suggest to come past the error.

4 REPLIES 4
RamKumar
Fluorite | Level 6

I don't have any of the details either. It was a question thrown to me during seminar. Any possibilities to guess the solution without the log?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Guess, yes, but guessing right, no.

It could be thousands of reasons for this.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What do you mean by "error control table"? It could mean different things to different people.

It is important to remember that it is impossible to trap every possible error that might happen in a data staging job and deal with it programmatically.

However it is easy to ensure that if an error does occur, that your job deals with it in a standard way - for example automatically doing no further processing by going into syntax-check mode (OPTIONS SYNTAXCHECK;).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation