BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MikeToole
Calcite | Level 5

Trying to use a data job reference  to an data job that executes the email node and get the below error message.  Is it possible to use the email node in a data job?

67: Data flow - Job has no external provider steps.

3 REPLIES 3
DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

One reason for the error you cite is covered in this usage note from the doc:

"How can I create a data job that has an inner data job that reads a data source?

You can include an External Data Provider node in the outer data job. This External Data Provider node must be used when you want to create a data job that has an inner data job that reads a data source. If you do not include an External Data Provider node in this scenario, the following error is displayed: Error:  Data flow - Job has no external provider steps."

Does that apply to your situation?

Also, are you talking about the "Email and FTP" node for data jobs? If so, that node should work with the set up described here: Email and FTP Node

MikeToole
Calcite | Level 5

Where do I find the External Data Provider node, in DMstudio in the data job node pane?

DaveR_SAS
SAS Employee

Yes - in the Data Inputs folder.

Btw -- I will be out of the office after 1:30 EST today. Here is a link to the chapter on Data Jobs, if that will help: Maintaining Data Jobs

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation