BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I am running proc shewhart, everything is okay on my EG (SAS is running SAS server). Then I handed the SAS coding to SAS admin and she tried to schedule the job on SAS EG and got the following errors:

RROR: Device was not specified.
Graphics cannot be loaded by this procedure.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

The coding that caused the error is as follows:

PROC SHEWHART DATA = WORK.SORTTempTableSorted 
         LIMITS=WORK.ABC;
       ;
        IRCHART   (Var1) * Var2 /
        TESTS= 1 2 
       TESTLABEL1='test1'
       TESTLABEL2='test2'

OUTTABLE=WORK.DEF
        SIGMAS=3 
        LIMITN=2
        ;
        BY VAR2;
        ;
       RUN;

Could you please let me know what may cause the error when scheduling on the server? I have the following added in the coding already:

ODS HTML CLOSE;

ODS LISTING CLOSE;

Thanks,

Jade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@Jade_SAS wrote:
Thank you ballardw!
Just curious and try to clear my mind, when I ran the SAS code, it’s on the SAS server. Then when the admin schedule the job, it’s still on the SAS server. How come the admin session may not configure the graphics device? Thanks again!
Jade

Maybe you need to talk with your SAS admin about the setup. It may be that whoever is responsible for the configuration of the server is not aware that some settings may need to be made available for scheduled jobs. I think the scheduler might use a slightly different configuration similar to one for batch jobs and when set up there wasn't a known requirement to enable the specific graphics option(s).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Perhaps prior to the shown procedure?

ODS Graphics on;

The text of that error makes me think the procedure is attempting to use the device based graphics not the SGrapics. You admin sessions may not configure either SG or device based graphics.

If the ODS graphics doesn't work then perhaps you need a GOPTIONS statement with an appropriate DEVICE= option.

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you ballardw!
Just curious and try to clear my mind, when I ran the SAS code, it’s on the SAS server. Then when the admin schedule the job, it’s still on the SAS server. How come the admin session may not configure the graphics device? Thanks again!
Jade
ballardw
Super User

@Jade_SAS wrote:
Thank you ballardw!
Jade

Maybe you need to talk with your SAS admin about the setup. It may be that whoever is responsible for the configuration of the server is not aware that some settings may need to be made available for scheduled jobs. I think the scheduler might use a slightly different configuration similar to one for batch jobs and when set up there wasn't a known requirement to enable the specific graphics option(s).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation