BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I’m trying to use the tasks > data > download feature of Enterprise Guide to download a table.  However the physical name of the library the table points to is not the same thing as the library name (the table use to be in another library) , so when I cannot locate the table to export it.  When I tried changing the physical name to match I can see the table however Enterprise Gide throws the error

ERROR: File EAARL.PUBLIC.DATA does not exist.

ERROR: The metadata for the table/view EAARL.PUBLIC does not exist.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Do you register your SAS tables in SAS metadata, because that is what your error is suggesting. If you rename a table without deleting the metadata definition for the old table and then create a new one that is the sort of error you would likely get. I avoid metadata registration of tables to prevent running into these type of issues.

You can check if you have these tables registered in SAS Management Console.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yes, the table is registered in Metadata.  I believe I need to register it in Metadata in order to work with the table in Data Integration Studio.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

OK, then when you rename a physical table you need to delete the original metadata registration and re-create it with the new name.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation