BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In SAS Data Integration Studio do data jobs create data queries or are they completely separate?  SAS jobs the ones with the gear symbol and data queries the ones with the two tables and filters.

Is there a way to load scheduled jobs from data integration studio without a data integration server license on the server you are loading them?  Our SAS admin keeps taking about data preparation queries, that are created from data jobs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LouGalway_sas
SAS Employee

I wanted to add some clarification to your response.  SAS Data Preparation is a product and it is part of SAS Visual Analytics which both run on Viya.  SAS Data Integration Studio runs on SAS9 and jobs are created in SAS Data Integration Studio.  Plans are created in SAS Data Preparation and are similar to jobs in SAS Data Integration Studio.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Lou

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
This sounds you are confusing terms between platforms. Data Preparation is found in SAS Viya.
Data Integration Studio does not have the concepts of "data queries/jobs".
In DI Studio you use Data Integration Server while building and maintain metadata for tables, jobs etc. Technically it uses the metadata server.
A Deployed job however is just a SAS program, and can be executed wherever you have SAS installed. That said, a Data Integration Sever also have tools to make it it easier for deploying, scheduling your jobs, and IMO makes the ETL lifecycle easier.
Data never sleeps
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I found what I need in general. Data prep is part of Visual Analytics or Viya.  Jobs are part of Data Integration Studio.

LouGalway_sas
SAS Employee

I wanted to add some clarification to your response.  SAS Data Preparation is a product and it is part of SAS Visual Analytics which both run on Viya.  SAS Data Integration Studio runs on SAS9 and jobs are created in SAS Data Integration Studio.  Plans are created in SAS Data Preparation and are similar to jobs in SAS Data Integration Studio.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Lou

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation